A kitchen is one of the most popular parts of any house. It can make or break a sale. Many people are turning to kitchen companies to upgrade their kitchens and create the space they desire. A professional kitchen design firm can handle any size kitchen. For Kitchen Refurbishment, visit https://www.thekitchenrefurbishmentcompany.co.uk/
In the UK, there are many interesting statistics about our kitchen habits. Many of these were published in Houzz UK’s 2015 Kitchen Trend Report. Here are a few of them.
- The average person spends around 12 percent of their lives in the kitchen. This is 2.8 hours per day. That is a lot more time than it takes to prepare an evening meal. Add up the time spent in the kitchen for a cup of tea, to do some laundry, to clean, grab a snack, and cook your main meal.
- Over 54 percent who were planning a kitchen remodel chose an open-plan kitchen/dining look over a separate room. Interestingly, 63 percent of people who chose an open plan included an island in their design. This layout was also sought after by many house buyers.
- Induction hobs have become increasingly popular. As people become more aware of their impact on the environment, they will gradually move to electric or induction.
- Around 21 percent of London homeowners have added a wine refrigerator to their kitchen. Around 15 percent of those who are looking to redesign their kitchen have this in mind.
- Many people also install technology in their kitchens. They have speakers and televisions in the ceiling to allow them to cook in the evening while listening to their favorite music.