Health is a concern for everyone and a way to maintain it is learning to prevent diseases. For this, it is important to know which are the most common diseases to which we expose ourselves the most. We leave you this top 10:
Most common diseases
- Flu or common cold. Respiratory diseases, such as the flu or the common cold, are the most frequent of all. Fortunately, most of the time the flu is safe and disappears in 7 days. When you catch a cold, remember to stay hydrated and rest. Keep reading: 9 foods that are good for the eyes
- Cancer. Cancer is one of the most common diseases: one in three people is susceptible to contracting it.
- Alzheimer. This is a neurodegenerative disease that increases its numbers every year. To prevent it, there is nothing better than keeping the mind and body exercised with physical activity and games of mental agility such as crosswords, sudokis, memoramas, and so on.
- Diabetes. There are about 200 million diabetic people in the world and, according to the WHO, this is one of the most costly and lethal diseases. To prevent it, we must take care of our food and regularly perform physical activity.
- Asthma. In recent years, a large increase in patients with asthma and other respiratory tract conditions has been reported, due to the high levels of environmental contamination. If you or your children suffer from it, we recommend you take care of your diet and the quality of the air you breathe.
- Obesity. Obesity has reached the numbers of a global pandemic. It is a disease that claims thousands of lives a year due to cardiovascular, kidney failure and respiratory failure.
- Dental cavities. This is another of the most common diseases; it is believed that seven out of 10 people suffer from it and without proper care, it can make us lose our teeth, besides causing us a lot of pain. Good oral hygiene and moderation in the intake of sugars can help prevent it.
- Hepatitis. Although there is a vaccine against hepatitis infections have increased exponentially in recent years, it is believed that due to unprotected sexual activity. If you want to prevent it, do not expose yourself to this or other sexually transmitted diseases without protection.
- AIDS. Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome is an infectious disease, caused by a virus known as HIV. This disease is relatively new and already charges thousands of lives a year. Their main means of spread is sexual contact; therefore, to prevent it, the use of a condom is essential.
- Anorexia or eating disorders. Eating disorders such as bulimia or anorexia are much more common than we imagined, especially among the female population: six out of 10 women suffer from them or have suffered at some point in life. The only prevention is the reinforcement of self-esteem.
All are the most common diseases in the world. Be alert about the diseases. You may also like: http://www.bulksgo.com/healthy-eyes/