It is quite common to think that skipping one or another meal can help to lose weight, since it is assumed that not eating at breakfast or dinner what we achieve is to decrease our caloric intake, and therefore our body loses weight. However, in addition to not being true, the reality is that it is a dangerous and wrong practice.
Maintaining a healthy diet and lowering in calories, distributed in five meals a day, is essential to losing weight with health, especially if this daily diet is combined with the practice of physical exercise.
This is because our body metabolizes the foods it consumes quickly so that it burns fat by being continually “busy” to digest and absorb the nutrients we have taken in those five meals.
Is it true that not eating dinner slims?
This is an erroneous belief, since by skipping one meal out of the five we should consume each day (in fact, dinner becomes an extremely important meal as we spend many hours fasting while we sleep), our metabolism tends to work harder Slow, which means it will cost you more to burn the fat .
Skipping dinner, in turn, causes an increase in the production of insulin in the body, so this means that our body will need more food to satisfy its appetite, which means that we tend to eat more at breakfast.
What should be an ideal diet to lose weight?
Taking into account that no dinner does not lose weight, the key is to enjoy each day a light dinner, balanced and rich foods with proteins (like meat or fish), combining them with vegetables, vegetables, and fruits.
Taking a light dinner does not mean eating only a piece of fruit or a yogurt since with this measure we will only be able to feel hungry while we are sleeping, which in turn does not help us to rest well.
The key is to dine in a balanced way, but controlling what we eat and the quantities.
You may also like to read: How can you lose weight? Learning from celebrities
Some useful recipes for dinner if you follow a slimming diet
- 500 gr. Of tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk of celery
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 glass of mineral water
- 1 sprig of fresh basil
- Wash the tomatoes, basil and celery stalk well.
- Regarding celery, remove its thick filaments and cut it well.
- Peel the garlic and pickle it.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and add the celery and the garlic, suffering on a gentle heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Put boiling water in a cauldron. Scrub the tomatoes for a few seconds, drain and remove the skin and its seeds. Once cooled, cut them into dice and put them in a wooden bowl.
- Add the celery, half the basil and a glass of mineral water. Beat everything well until you get a cream.
- Reserve in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
How to make vegetable broth? Discover the ingredients and steps necessary with this basic and quick vegetable broth recipe.
- 1 liter of water
- 2 leeks
- 1 onion
- 1 potato
- 2 carrots
- 1 turnip
- 2 celery stalks
- Half glass of dry white wine
- 5 sprigs of parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Peel the onion finely. Do the same with leek, celery, and potato. Reheat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrot, cut into thin slices, cut the turnip and incorporate the pot along with the white wine and the sprigs of parsley. Mix well and sauté for 3 minutes, until the alcohol evaporates.
- Lower the heat to medium temperature, add the water and bring to the boil.
- When it comes to a boil, lower the heat, cover the pot and let it simmer for 1 hour.
- Remove the pot from the heat and pour the vegetable broth into a bowl, passing it through a fine strainer.
Apple and walnuts salad
Today we want to propose the elaboration of a wonderful apple salad, which we will prepare using two varieties of apples (red and green apple, in particular).
- 2 red apples
- 2 green apples
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Wash apples very well. Remove the skin and cut into slices.
- In a bowl add honey and chopped nuts. Spread over chopped apples.